Saturday, October 6, 2012

My Pumpkin Cravings are out of control! This is an amazing option:)

Now that we are hitting Fall my body naturally craves Pumpkin. I dream of the pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks and my Mamaw's homemade pumpkin pie. Although it is ok to indulge every now and then I wanted to find a healthy option to help me through my Pumpkin cravings. Try this great option to keep you on track this month. I think they are great. The recipe is from Jamie Eason who has a lot of amazing recipes:)

 

Pumpkin Protein Bars Recipe


Pumpkin Protein Bars

Nutrition Facts:


Nutrition (without walnuts): 1 square = 47 calories, .7 g fat, 8 g carbs, 3.7 g protein
Nutrition (with walnuts): 1 square = 63 calories, 2.3 g fat, 8 g carbs, 4 g protein

Ingredients:



Directions:


  1. Preheat the oven to 350.
  2. Spray a 9 X 13 Pyrex dish with non-stick spray.
  3. Combine first 11 ingredients and mix well.
  4. Add the final 3 ingredients (4, if adding walnuts), and mix until incorporated. Spread batter into the Pyrex dish and bake for 30 min.
  5. Makes 24 squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment